Christmas on the Mississippi River Aboard the American Queen – New Orleans to Memphis
November 27th – December 5, 2022 (9 days)
Pre-night in New Orleans hotel w/includded city tour. Motorcoach transportation from Snellville to New Orleans; and Memphis back to Snellville.
Join us on the largest steamboat ever built and the only authentic overnight paddlewheel steamboat in the United States. It features gracious and elegant décor of the American Victorian era. Glistening woodwork and antiques adorn the interior space, while lacey filigree graces the white exterior. During this time of year, it will be beautifully decorated for Christmas and shows will have many Christmas themes. It epitomizes the grace and grandeur of traveling on the mighty Mississippi River. While onboard you enjoy daily shore tours, feast on amazing cuisine, enjoy dancing at the main deck lounge, relax in the game room, or take in a show at the two-deck tall Grand Saloon, the most elegant showplace on the river.
Day 1 – Travel by motorcoach to New Orleans; overnight hotel included.
Day 2 – New Orleans city tour; boarding boat at 3:30 pm
Day 3 – Nottoway – largest mansion in the South.
Day 4 – St. Francisville, LA – the oldest town in this Parish.
Day 5 – Natchez, MS – lovely, historic city on the high bluffs of the river.
Day 6 – Vicksburg – Civil War history and beautiful downtown.
Day 7 – Greenville – Music, history, literature, and adventure in the Miss. town.
Day 8 – River cruising and relaxing
Day 9 – Memphis, TN – board coach, brief city tour and return to Snellville.
- Three meals a day served in the main dining room and café
- 24-hour room service
- Afternoon ice cream and cookies
- Daily, elegant southern style tea service
- Professional showboat entertainment nightly
- Nightly dancing to Swing and Big Band Music
- Enthralling calliope concerts every day
- Exciting included daily shore excursions, Hop-On, Hop-Off style
- Acclaimed cuisine every day
- Complimentary wine, beer, and spirits.
- Complimentary coffee, cappuccino, bottled water, and sodas
- All American, well-trained staff
- Casual attire thru out the voyage (no formal nights!)
- Daily activities by onboard staff and visits by historians and storytellers
American Queen deck plans:
Sun Deck – Pilothouse, public areas, gym, and pool
Promenade Deck – passenger cabins and River Grill and Bar; category AAA and AA (price on request)
Observation Deck – passenger cabins, Main lobby and Chart Room; Category B, C, A
Texas Deck -passenger cabins, Front Porch Café, Lobby, and Theater; Category AA, D,
Cabin Deck – passenger cabins, Grand Saloon, Men’s Card Room, Ladies Parlor, Mark Twain Gallery, Category E, D
Main Deck- J.M. White Dining Room, Main Deck Lounge, Lobby, Grand Saloon, Gallery, Captain’s Bar