Louisville Jack-o-Lantern Spectacular
October 24th – 27th, 2022
Four days and three nights
Join us in pretty Louisville, Kentucky where we will be staying for three nights at a wonderful Embassy Suites Property downtown. You’ll enjoy this all-suite hotel, which features its nightly included cocktail hour and made-to-order breakfast. One of our top reasons for visiting is the 10th annual Jack-o-Lantern Festival. It is held in the historic Iroquois Park, which was designed by Fredrick Law Olmstead. This beautiful park will host this top-rated Halloween event. In fact, it’s recently been named one of the top 10 places to celebrate this holiday! It will be a 1/3-mile walking trail that features over 5000 carved pumpkins! And they aren’t just your everyday carved pumpkins – they are amazing works of art! While there we’ll enjoy a delicious dinner prior to the event and then take in the festivities. It’s going to be great! We’ll also take in some other great stops while here:
- City tour where you’ll learn the great horse and bourbon history of this area.
- Visit to the Kentucky Derby Museum for a tour of Churchill Downs with a fun Halloween activity!
- Take in a dinner show performance at the Derby Dinner Theatre, across the river in Indiana.
- Visit to G.A Schimpff’s Confectionery Candy Store and Museum, complete with a soda fountain and great shopping for candy and their famous ‘Red Hots’.
- Tour of the Louisville Slugger Museum, a downtown landmark with the world’s largest bat.
- Bourbon taste and tour experience, where you can learn all about how bourbon got started here.
- Lunch at The Brown, a historic hotel downtown that features their famous Hot Brown! Gorgeous hotel!
- A visit to the Museum of the American Printing House for the Blind, where we can learn the step-by-step braille printing process; and write our own names in braille.
- Lunch cruise on the Ohio River onboard the Belle of Louisville.
Downtown Louisville is absolutely full of great attractions and fun things to do. I know you will enjoy all the fun things planned for you! It will be great to see it during the fall and to take in some new activities and attractions while re-visiting some of our favorites too! Join us for this Spoke-tacular and boooootiful fall trip! Sorry, couldn’t help myself!