Mardi Gras Cajun Tour
February 25, 2022 – March 2, 2022
6 days and 5 nights
‘Laissez les bons temps rouler!!’ Join us in pretty Lafayette, Louisiana for a fun Mardi Gras experience! This culturally rich and family-friendly atmosphere has the revelry of Mardi Gras and more!! Our 5 night and 6-day adventure will be just the ticket as we enjoy time in the ‘Happiest City in America’! While in Lafayette, a local guide will be with us throughout our time there, sharing stories and telling us local stories, and lots more. Also, we’ll have TWO great parades where we will have VIP access, covered seating, private restrooms, and delicious festive refreshments, so it will be a wonderful time in this pretty city! Here are all our plans:
- Overnighting in Mississippi on the way there and on the way home; dinner both nights will be included as well.
- Two fabulous parades with reserved seats! We’ll be at the Bonaparte Saturday night parade, the longest one during the festival. Also, we’ll have seats at the famous Queen Evangeline Parade too! Trip highlights for sure!
- Daily local guide service while in Lafayette and their tip will be included too.
- Avery Island guided tour, visit at their Tabasco Factory and their lush semitropical Jungle Gardens;
- An included lunch is planned near there too.
- Visit to Shadows of the Teche, the 3750 square feet historic house and garden in New Iberia.
- Visit to Cane River Pecans for samples and shopping.
- Stop at local landmark, the University of Louisiana at Lafayette Campus Swamp.
- The Myrtles Plantation guided tour in beautiful nearby St. Francisville. We’ll also enjoy an included lunch at the nearby Restaurant 1796 with its fresh southern ingredients cooked to perfection.
- Stop by the Louisiana Marketshops and the Butte La Rose Visitors Center, featuring over 300 artists.
- Guided tour of the historic St. John’s Cathedral and the legendary 500-year-old tree.
- Lafayette Museum tour with their elaborate costume collection from past King’s and Queen’s.
- Visit to Martin Accordions shop where you’ll learn how these unique instruments are made.
- Stop in Baton Rouge to visit the Old Louisiana State Capital Building with its incredible stained-glass windows and spiral stairs. It’s a gorgeous building with wonderful history too.
- Visit to Houmas House, located on the Great River Road. You can tour the home, the incredible gardens, and their awesome River Museum. It’s one of the grandest homesites I’ve ever visited. We will have an included lunch here at well in their Dixie Café.
- Dinner each night while we’re in Lafayette at local restaurants, which are known for their authentic cuisine.
- Included meals will be: 5 breakfasts, 4 lunches, and 5 dinners!